Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Interracial Marriage the meaning and why i choose the topic

Interracial marriage or relationships happen when two people from different racial groups marry and often have multiracial children. Another term is exogamy which means the custom of marrying outside the tribe, family, clan, or other social unit. For example the first case of interracial marriage is Loving v. Virginia.
I choose this topic for my project because I don’t really know much about interracial marriage or relationships. It would be interesting and I will also learn from it to. Picking this topic will help me understand what people had to go thought when interracial relationships weren’t allowed. What was the struggle like, how did they get treated and what was the effect on children coming from that family.

No comments:

Post a Comment